View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #92
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Leia View Post
Just one point - a person can be a part of any organized religion = Baptist, Mormon, Catholic, etc. That doesn't automatically make them a Christian. To be a "Christian" you have to live a life like Christ. You have to believe that He laid down his life for you - so you may have ETERNAL life. I know many people who are parts of churches both big and small and are headed strait to Hell. Not trying to be ugly, that is just the black and white of the situation. One has to accecpt the free gift of eternal salvation that God so generously gave to us through His Son - Jesus. So, no, Pie - not all of the above are considered Christian, unless they have asked Christ to come live in their hearts and be the Lord of their whole life. God's gift is open to all who will recieve it. All he wants is for the person to be his child.
I fully understand what you are saying. But it guazes the heck out of me when people claim to be a Christian and do the opposite of their teachings or to have a preacher talk about the right and wrong way to live according to the gospel and turn right around the next day to do what they said was wrong to begin with. To me that is two-faced and NO I am NOT referrind to Isaac, this I have witnessed in life. I have seen deacons drink alcohol and go to graet lenghts to hide it. I have seen a preacher with his secretary on his going after it [accidently seen]. Then look at all the child molesters on the news. So I am glad when you said "a person can be a part of any organized religion = Baptist, Mormon, Catholic, etc. That doesn't automatically make them a Christian."
You know I have had Mormans come by my house, I listen to what they say even if I don't agree but I am not rude to them, and I thank them for coming. I don't want for my house to be known as where the *******s live. I have even taken some of the Mormans crayfishing, these people were from Utah and wanted the experience. Each person has their own beliefs and that is fine. But just because Anime is Pagan doesn't make him a bad person and I respect that.
I have read in the bible that Christians were stoned, whipped, and hung on crosses but then all people can say is how pagans were treated. Who was it that was treating Pagans that way?

Last edited by piemaker720; 12-02-2007 at 03:47 PM.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote