View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 08:53 AM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
O.k. there Mr. Marsalis. I can just about agree with everything you've said in this article.. except for the CLIMATE !!

the way I see it, 7 months of SUMMER, one month of spring, one month of fall, and 3 months of I don't know what.. every now and again it gets cold and it rains and it gets windy, and that's about it.

Granted I don't want 11ft+ of snow on my doorstep either.

And those "dog days of summer" you speak of, when it isn't fit for a dog or person to step outside. The air so hot you can't breath. UGHH.

I will agree on the "Events", lots of good ones downtown through out the year.
The Traffic, you betcha, I'll take Shreveport Traffic over Dallas traffic ANYDAY. just stay off of Youree Drive and Airline drive during peak hours

personally I also have some doubts about the quality of some of our public schools. they way they all "Teach the TEST" these days. I think the kids are missing out because of that.

My only regret is we don't see enough major acts come through Shreveport, Maybe the occasional concert comes through town, but for most of that, I find I have to travel points westward or down to New Orleans for that. I suppose it's the price we pay for being "just right" as opposed to too big.

But were coming on on that time of the year when the weather will be JUST right.. just in time for some Mudbugs, and maybe some home made beer, and the azaleas will be in bloom. But enjoy it while you can, because the week after that it'll be SUMMER !!!

Great read.

Thanks

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote