Thread: Howdy
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 05:31 AM   #44
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
It is precisely the judge's actions that make him eminently qualified to judge others. The decisions made and the sentences handed down from his bench, having been deliberated upon and rendered with the guidence of the Word of God is exactly what makes him fit to judge, and I'd bet any amount of money that if any of us found ourselves standing before his court awaiting judgment we'd all be damned glad of his "criminality"! That is, unless you'd prefer to be judged by someone who never tempers the dispensation of justice with mercy...leniency...forgiveness... atonement...second chances. Maybe you'd rather have the kind of judge who goes strictly by the book...follows the law to the letter? Well you're in luck, cuz we've got plenty of those.
Well I have to say I am quite dismayed to hear you say you'd prefer to be judged by a criminal than by an honest individual.

Last time I checked, "mercy...leniency...forgiveness... atonement...second chances" were not characteristic solely possessed by Christians. I never said a judge should NOT use his own thoughts and opinions when passing judgment, my implication is that he should not be guilty of criminal activity himself.....multiple violations at that. Remember, he erected the monument in violation of the Constitution, then refused to remove it in violation of a court order.

So what you are saying is that you'd PREFER to be judged by a man who may very well violate your Constitutional rights as well, because he feels his own opinions are above the law?

Or would it be closer to the truth to say that you don't possess the ability to be objective where your God is concerned? That's not a cut on you or your beliefs, merely an observation based on the content of your posts.

Last edited by BrainSmashR; 02-16-2007 at 05:45 AM.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote