View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #14
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Its a fair point. The death penalty likely wouldnt deter the sort of people who commit violent crimes, as they arent exactly the most rational of folks to begin with. I just said it'd make ME think twice, but then I'm not a violent criminal.

As for the gun issue... I fully understand that there will always be violent criminals around, likewise I fully understand that we cant stop insane people from doin insane things with insane laws (laws are meaningless to them...that's what makes them criminals) that only succeed at disarmin law-abidin citizens like you and me. I just take great comfort in knowin that if some nutcase shows up and starts randomly shootin people at the store or restaurant where I just happen to be, somebody, perhaps even myself, might just be able to drop the bastard and save some innocent lives.

I too am pro-death penalty and obviously pro-gun, so theres no argument.

Actually I see your example in an entirely different light. Think about how many domestic dispute cases you've ever heard about, then imagine that guy having a gun in his pocket instead of just a clenched fist.

Now try to imagine how many OTHER misdemeanor crimes will turn into felony murders if those people are carrying guns when they blow their stack?
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote