View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 01:58 PM   #15
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
au contraire my bum watching friend. If I were truly convinced that I was right then I could confidently take the pros of your argument and refute them, or at least cast serious doubt as to their validity.

If you don't do this then you have not proven anything and you have not won the argument. You're example regarding whether or not the world is flat is an excellent example of this.

More esoteric are faith based arguments, where you cannot "prove" anything. I don't agree with Tomoshibi's views, but I respect his right to choose his own "path" as I think he would say. However, I was not the one who was pretending to tell the truth and the whole truth so that others could make an informed decision, when in fact I had not.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote