View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 01:08 PM   #3
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Is there anything for sale in Best Buy or Circuit City that is made in the US and not made in China? Even the Apple iPod is made in China. Home Depot isn't much better in that regard. It is rather rare that I see a "made in US" sticker anymore.

Surely the billions we are pouring into China's economy is helping it grow. I'm not sure this is a bad thing. If the world was divided into the haves (US) and the have-nots (everyone else) then our immigration and trade problems might even be worse. I believe in free markets only because it provides a way to fix problems without government intervention or expense. Greed makes free markets operate efficiently which benefits consumers and raises the overall standard of living. But for who? and when?

I will say that after living in Louisiana for 40+ years, when will it be our turn for rapid economic growth and expansion? Few realize that our state collects over $200k annually in total revenues for every man, woman, and child living in Louisiana. Of course this doesn't all come from state residents but from oil and gas revenues. Where does all that money go for us to register last in almost every category imaginable? Even after paying off crooked politicians, there should still be plenty left over for roads, schools, and everything we need to be the greatest state in the union.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote