View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 01:27 AM   #39
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Al, we do have guns in my home. Not my choice, but I have a husband and son who hunt. If someone broke into our home, it would be impossible to get the guns out quick enough to help, because they are locked up and unloaded. I have a pistol my dad gave me for protection years ago, but it is not where I can get to it. When I had children I made sure they could not get to any of the guns we have.

Special small, lockable "safes" can be purchased...some of them have a keypad requirin the correct combination to open, others require keys. It would be wise to purchase one of these and keep a loaded handgun in it. Everyone in your home, excludin the youngsters, should know the combination or know where the key is hidden. This is a good compromise...the gun is unaccessible to the unauthorized, but ready to use in just a few steps should the need arise. Dont count on the police to save your bacon, Isabella. You owe it to your family's safety to be prepared for the worst. But it sounds to me as if you've already resigned yourself and your family to victimhood, and thats a damn shame.