View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 05:44 AM   #9
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Crime in general? No, it does not. Deter crimes for which the death penalty is handed down? It'd make me think twice.
Let's try to have a civil conversation again because I think this is an interesting contradictions in your opinions.

If you understand that the death penalty isn't an effective crime deterent, and that it is in fact only effective on rational people who have something to lose.

Why then are you UNable to use that same logic when talking about more guns on the street reducing the crime rate and realize that the rational individual, the only one who will be swayed by this proposed concept, IS NOT the one holding up stores at gunpoint or shooting up the local high school.

Your proposal may reduce the number of causalities in a given crime, but it in no way shape or form will prevent the irrational person from committing his or her crime because the risk already exists that someone at the scene may be caring a gun of their own.

and for the record, I'm still pro-death penalty, and I'm still pro-gun, I'm just arguing the propaganda often used to support those concepts instead of just saying all adult Americans have a Constitutional right to bare arms and murderers shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets.

Last edited by BrainSmashR; 06-12-2007 at 06:55 AM.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote