View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 02:54 PM   #27
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMattyChooChoo View Post
Isaac, you know nothing of the Catholic Church, traditions, "agendas", true Christianity. You sound like you've seen the DaVinci Code a few dozen time too many. You completely dodged the issues I addressed, and made up a story about the Church and "mind control". What mind control and agendas does the Church have? The Catholic Church is just about the only church that holds a steady position regardless of secular society. Abortion is wrong, homosexual acts are wrong, premarital sex is wrong, women in the priesthood has no theological basis. These are things which our society and other non-Catholic denominations have widely embraced, yet the Catholic Church has not wavered.

The traditions in the Mass are designed in such a way that promotes worldwide unity. You can walk into any Catholic Church in the world and have basically the same Mass. Not so for any other Christian denomination.

Finally, the teachings of Christ through the Catholic Church (founded by Christ himself) teach on the basis of reason and logic. We don't get a little book that says "this is wrong, this is right, end of story." There are full detailed explanations with biblical references to support. I encourage you to research more deeply, the truth about the Catholic Church.
Matty I have some questions regarding Catholics and I sincerely would like to know the answers behind them. I'm not being callous.
1. Why is it almost impossible to get a divorce? Why does it have to be called an annullment as if it never happened when there is a divorce?
2. Why is there confession of your innermost secrets when you can go directly to our Father without anyone else hearing about it?
3. Why can only Catholics take Holy communion in the Catholic church?
These are some of the things that I truly don't understand!
Pokie

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote