View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 07:32 AM   #18
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Well since you asked, let's go down this road:

1) You've already admitted that you have driven while high. If I drink and it's always only one margarita, my husband drives. I have been hit been a drunk driver and will not put someone else's life at risk as was done to mine. Furthermore, driving under the influence of drugs is just as bad as alcohol. The difference here is that you THINK you are in control with the drugs which is the problem with the drugs itself. The grandiosity of ideas it gives you is one of the problems.

2) Marijuana is illegal for it's effects primarily. It's not illegal because of the money little boy. Otherwise one of the major pharmaceutical companies would already be profiting off of that market. Have you ever really done researched it or just read the articles that gave you the information you wanted to hear? How many known carcinogens are in marijuana? Go read again.

3) You also wrote it is debatable whether some of us are responsible enough to be able to drink. Well honey, I make my own money and therefore am able to pay for my own mistakes were I too make any. Of course, you can clearly see that I won't give the circumstances under which I imbibe. You on the other hand are still living under your parents home, driving a vehicle probably in their name, on their vehicle insurance, on their medical insurance, and doing this all while driving under the influence of drugs and putting how many people in this city at risk while you do it?
1) I've driven drunk before (only across the road, I had to.) and I even thought I was going to bust it, there's no way even anybody with more than one drink down is going to drive and still think they're okay to do it, if they do, they're ****ing stupid. Certain other drugs are different there, if you had done them, you'd know how much more composed you are as opposed to alcohol.

2) Carcinogens are only in the marijuana smoke.. from burning it.. vaporizers entirely eliminate that "risk" and you have pure THC extracted from it as it has a lower evaporation point than the plant itself. It is NOT illegal for its effects, if you researched who started the DEA and ANY legitimate source of information about those persons and their reasons for pressing probation, you would know as much as I do. It's comparable to saying "All Communists are bad because McCarthy says so, except I don't even know who McCarthy is or what he did, somebody just passed it along to me and I fully support it."

3) I make my own money too, I bought my own car, support myself almost fully, and not even a year from now I'll be there even further. The difference in "risk" and actually doing something is large. The biggest "risk" to your health is being alive, okay?