View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 09:47 AM   #3
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
o.k. so yea we have free speech. yea the market can react how it wants. But what has scared the heck out of me these last few years.. So the Dixie chicks dissed the president.. tell me, HOW LONG have people been dissing the president.. FOREVER! But these last few years.. should you choose to do so.. should you choose to disagree with the current administration, should you choose to disagree with the war in Iraq.. "Other" people will label you UNPATRIOTIC or claim you DON'T SUPPORT THE TROOPS. And I find that response to be very dangerous.

Yes, Bush is our President.. yes, I hope this administration makes the RIGHT decision, and yes I hope everything turns out o.k. in Iraq, and our troops can come home safe and sound.. and the mission TRULY ACCOMPLISHED. But in the mean time.. it is our right.. it is our duty as citizens of this country, to QUESTION EVERYTHING. It goes on everyday in this country now. Question the course of action.. and they want to start throwing "labels" at you. I find it insane.

Rough Rider.
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote