View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 06:01 AM   #23
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Unfortunately we live in the Waskom school district and to us that was not an option. Therefore we choose to send our children to private schools in Shreveport. After our whole Evangel experience, we moved one to Calvary and decided to homeschool the other. The homeschooler is the more gifted of the three and learning far more at home than Calvary or Evangel could ever offer. It's truly a choice every parent must decide for themselves but need to be as informed as possible when making the decision.
I'm with TB. The public school choices for our district did not fit our kids. Evangel has been an excellent fit for our daughter. Our son is in a public magnet school where I teach, and that's a great experience. I am not a huge supporter of homeschooling the masses, but again, you have to take all things into consideration and make the decisions for your family. Though both my children are high achievers, they are very different and so are their schooling needs.

I say do you homework as a parent. Look at the info, talk to parents from schools you are looking at, visit the classrooms, observe the teachers in action - be informed. Then prayerfully decide.

And as in everything, you will find those who agree and those who disagree. That's why there's a church on every corner and thus, this forum flourishes.