View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 10:33 PM   #9
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
So if the 18 year old soldier isn't old enough and/or educated enough to understand what he is doing, then what does that suggest about someone who's even younger?
They're tricked into joining a social club named "ROTC" that tries to get them to enlist in the military later on as a career / source of education.

Just because some people are uneducated before they join does not mean all are, I made a general statement but I did not mean to say that they all are unaware of the consequences and have no rationale before joining. It also does not mean that someone of a lesser age is necessarily uneducated about the consequences, I don't personally believe you're a proper citizen unless you know and understand the law, not necessarily abiding by it, but by enacting your voting power and through (what should be proper) legislation, you and others who support a common idea (should be able to) pass new laws or revoke old ones that are more suited for the people of the country, which is what the laws are for, not to impede on us.
Santabot is offline   Reply With Quote