View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 04:44 PM   #15
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
My intention was not to "put him in his place", but rather to show him that his youth prevents him from viewing the world objectively AND as an adult.

I feel he is wrong because of lack of experence, not because he chooses to be that way as is the case with other users on this forum.

The ROTC is a perfect example. I remember most of the ROTC kids being fairly unintelligent.....not a knock against them, that's just the way that it was. Now since Santabot is only 17, I can surmise that his expose to REAL military personal has been limited as is the case for most high school kids....so why wouldn't he think most of the military consists weaker minded individuals like he sees everyday in ROTC?
I'm not weak in knowledge of military actions and personnel involved. I've got many family members that have been and currently are on active duty for our country, friends with parents (and friends themselves) in the military, and I never bashed the fact of the matter. I only suggested that a main reason for some people is joining to get certain benefits that should otherwise be free of cost of your life.

I suppose in a few months I'll be an entirely transformed mind and person to make decisions for myself adequately and appropriately, since there are no "adults" in prison, by your own argument.