View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 01:28 PM   #7
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Actually, Lilith was mentioned in the Apocrypha as Adam's first wife and again in the Dead Sea Scrolls. I tried to find what council it was that rejected the apocrypha, but that's a lot of reading. Lilith appears in the scrolls among a list of condemned creatures (i.e. demons and those who lead man astray), not events or festivals.

Quote:
"And I, the Instructor, proclaim His glorious splendour so as to frighten and to te[rrify] all the spirits of the destroying angels, spirits of the bastards, demons, Lilith, howlers, and [desert dwellers…] and those which fall upon men without warning to lead them astray from a spirit of understanding and to make their heart..."
She also vaguely appears in the King James Bible as a screech owl. I'm not entirely familiar with this reference though.