View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 04:31 AM   #12
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Well, I guess appearances probably have alot to do with whether or not the mixed-race couple's offspring is ostracized or experiences some other kind of maltreatment at the hands of southern society. Children are frequently cruel to each other for all sorts of reasons besides appearances. In my case, my children are completely indistinguishable from other whites ...that is, they exhibit none of the physical features of their mother's race. Further, my 19 year old son's IQ is well above my 123. He's studying to become a mechanical engineer, and is sailing thru his advanced math and science classes with ease. Needless to say, I couldnt be more proud. My children's mother had plenty of flaws, as we all do, none of which had anything to do with her skin color.

Not to say I dont understand people who prefer to limit their sexual liasons to members of their own race. There are races I myself would rule out, however, this does not mean I would look down my nose on others who do NOT share my preferences. All boils down to personal preference.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote