View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 05:41 PM   #9
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by windshop
Many feel that askewed caps are fashion statements expressing a free-spirited lifestyle and not gang related. The hip-hop crowd wear them like that with the intent or distinguishing themselves from others less in tune with style. Most people in tune with the hip-hop scene are black. No wonder that dress codes that ban this style are considered racist.
one could say that wearing hats askewed, or wearing "brimless" hats affects the white 'skateboarder' as well.

Now I personally have a problem with the 'sagging' of pants.. that just makes no sense to me anyway, but what to do I know. I'm old

It's kind of like Pleasantville, "The wearing of hats askewed has been determined to be unpleasant, and will no longer be aloud"

When we live in a time when someone is likely to walk up beside you and shoot you for lookin' at 'em funny, (which is really bad for business). We have a place like the Boardwalk, that is trying somehow to prevent that from happening, as well as any other "less" foolishness to happen there.
And in the process, they are asking us to "give up a little something".

So what do they say about wearing hats BACKWARDS? I know lots of folks who like to do that.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote