View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 12:47 PM   #10
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Oops!

[quote=AnimeSpirit]Actually, it was written as a poem by Francis Scott Key in 1814 but didn't become our anthem until March 3, 1931. Women have had the right to vote longer than we've had this song as our anthem.

I just feel that the national anthem should be patriotically inspiring. I like God Bless the USA because it's just a more powerful song and addresses not just wars and flags, but the true spirit of the nation. Watch the video if you haven't seen it yet. I'm sure Star Spangled Banner was inspiring in its day, because Francis Key tailored its message to the age he lived in. Reversely, I feel this new age we live in needs a different message.[/QUOTE

OOPS! MY bad, Anime! You are so right about that! I'll have to do better research next time! I still love our National Anthem though. I get chills to this day when it's sung/played at an event! It's definitely a keeper!!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote