View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 03:01 PM   #18
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I've been thinking about this issue and "free speech" and all that. We all know you don't have the right to enter a theater and yell "Fire! Fire!" which might cause panic resulting in injury.

But if a comedian is in a theater and yell's "Fire! Fire!" everyone would probably continue laughing thinking it is a joke or part of the act rather than actually panic and run.

So comedians have speech rights that we not-as-funny folks don't? All I'm saying is that I think comedians sometimes think there is no line at all, just because the line that they can't cross is no where near everybody elses, at least if the comedian is funny enough. But the line is still there. It does move around a little depending on who you are. I think some comedians just make a bad choice out of the 100's of jokes they choose to tell and cross the wrong line. I'm not defending Imus, never heard of him before. I just think this whole story is over done.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote