View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 10:30 AM   #4
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMattyChooChoo
While I have no problem with Cedric Glover winning the mayoral election if he is the best man for the job, I do have a problem with making it a racial issue. I haven't heard much of anything outside of "he's the first black mayor of Shreveport". Really, I don't care if he's black, yellow, red, pink with purple polkadots. Can he do the job? The hype is over the color of his skin, not over his qualifications. If it were the first white mayor in Shreveport, heads would roll.
So Matty.. I was with you up to that last sentence there ? I agree that yea, lets get past the 'hype' and onto business.. not that I followed mayoral business before :-) But I don't get that last bit ? if he were the first white mayor heads would roll ? Just curious.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote