View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 09:39 AM   #14
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardChief View Post
Lets just clear up this "Columbine" business right here and now. Those two disturbed murderous malcontents were nothing more than long-term targets of ridicule, harassment and abuse. As a result, those two ostracized rejects snapped. I wont attempt to offer suggestions on eliminating the cruelty, hard-heartedness and lovelessness thats so apparent in the world...not too sure thats possible. But when it does happen, when they do snap, there is only one thing that can be done about it, and that is for everyone in the vicinity to be well armed. Though this is regretably only a "reactive" solution to the problem, it nevertheless is the best solution. In this case, teachers should be carrying concealed weapons permits, as an adjunct to the SRO's. Hell, we trust them with our kid's brains, right? So doesnt it make sense that we trust them for their physical protection...we sure are quick to sue when they get hurt.

And this is highschool here, where I dont advocate extending that level of responsibility to students that young and often irrational. But like on a college campus? Absolutely, they should have the right to be armed too! This will effectively lessen the loss of life should one or more dangerous a**holes with deathwishes decide to go "postal". I promise you that.
Welcome GuardChief great post !!
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote