View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 12:17 AM   #32
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Rhertz, I agree it is not fair. An employer offers a job at a rate of pay he can afford. An individual has the right to accept it or look for a higher wage. If an employer does not give them a raise then the employee has the right to seek another job with higher pay. Me for instance cannot afford to pay someone over $6 to clean my house who works slowly. I will have to let them go. This person has no transportation and depends on employer to give them transportation. How many people are going to be willing to hire this person? She is much better off receiving minumum wage at $5.15 an hour than nothing. She also gets $350 in food stamps each month. I pay social security on her and do not deduct her part out of her pay. She pays no taxes. There is no way I am going to pay someone over $7 an hour to watch TV and do a job that takes 4 hours in 8 hours. I feed her and pay her while she eats, too. I have to hire another person to come every other week to do the work she does not do. I also clean up after her after she leaves. Some people don't deserve to be paid more and these are the people who will suffer. Pay should be determined on perfomance. My husband gets raises he never asks for because he is valuable to his employer.
You are talking about someone to clean your house, I would get rid of that one that does nothing. I'm talking about companies as big as wal-mart, even convience stores that are a chain. That restaurant that I worked at in Jonesboro for 3 dollars a hour. You know why he got by with it. They say he has to have 5 or more working that was not related to him and he didn't because his wife, son, daughter worked there. I know because other people have tried to turn him in before. You know his son or daughter sure did not work for $3.00 a hour. Its true some people don't deserve what they get but that is not to say everyone is that way. But in truth if this lady does this to you it is because you let her get away with it.