View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #10
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Its a fair point. The death penalty likely wouldnt deter the sort of people who commit violent crimes, as they arent exactly the most rational of folks to begin with. I just said it'd make ME think twice, but then I'm not a violent criminal.

As for the gun issue... I fully understand that there will always be violent criminals around, likewise I fully understand that we cant stop insane people from doin insane things with insane laws (laws are meaningless to them...that's what makes them criminals) that only succeed at disarmin law-abidin citizens like you and me. I just take great comfort in knowin that if some nutcase shows up and starts randomly shootin people at the store or restaurant where I just happen to be, somebody, perhaps even myself, might just be able to drop the bastard and save some innocent lives.

I too am pro-death penalty and obviously pro-gun, so theres no argument.