Thread: First cars
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 08:16 AM   #27
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
When I was looking for my car that we just got in March, safety was very important to me since I still have one child I carry around in it. I went through Consumer Reports and read everything they had to say about the vehicles I was interested in and then most importantly I read what the Institute for Highway Safety had to say about the vehicle. They actually do the best testing on the vehicles. After I picked the safest vehicles I liked, then I picked the ones I liked for looks and made my decision after that.

I drove the H2's and found them to be extremely noisy and the Lexus to me handled very poorly. One of the best SUV's we've ever owned in our house is a Dodge Durango. It's not a Luxury vehicle, it can could be dressed out great, but they are the best riding. We own two and they have been awesome vehicles.

My current SUV is also a diesel which is great for gas mileage and although it is diesel it is as quiet as a normal car! Good luck to you!