View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 09:27 PM   #47
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Joe was mainly takin issue with my assertion that violations of the Bill O' Rights constitute treason, and he cited the U.S. Constitution's extremely narrow definition to make his point. He also took issue with my statement that violations of the Bill O' Rights should rate the death penalty, as they constitute treason. Well, far as I'm concerned, when the government confiscates lawfully owned guns from the citizenry, and as We The People are the de facto masters and not the government, then the government becomes the enemy of the United States, meetin the constitutional definition of treason. Thats just common sense. The thing is, violations of the Second Amendment are on an order of magnitude far more diabolically heinous, because they strike at the "teeth and claws" of the very safeguard intended to protect us from government oppression and deprivation of our inalienable rights. And if that aint treason, I dont know what is. The ultimate penalty for treason is death, and the death penalty should be mandatory when our government violates the Second Amendment. However, in regards to violations of the rest of the Bill O' Rights, I would suggest that in some cases, life in prison or banishment/deportation to countries ruled by oppressive regimes may be more appropriate sentences.

Furthermore, just cuz "every president since Lincoln" got away with Bill O' Rights violations merely means We The People have been much too tolerant...far too lax.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 11-01-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote