View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 01:34 PM   #5
MattyMattyChooChoo

Rep Power: 0 MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
I stumbled online using AOL and Apple's "e-World" back in the day, before the "WEB" took off.. Then I remember either it was AOL or e-World that allowed you to leave there site and venture onto the "Web". wasn't shortly after that, I got an account with a local Internet provider. Even set up our office so 5 computers could share the modem connection. This was like in '94 or '95 ??

All those crazy websites, with like the gray backgrounds, and just really long pages.

Geez, AOL? That's was high-tech compared to the monochrome bulletin-boards of my youth. We'd pick up the monthly computer magazine, which listed dozens of phone numbers for your computer to call. It was basically a dial-up website.

On a completely different topic, does anybody know of any Shreveport blogs? I'm not talking about Gannett-imposed blogs like the Times, just blogs of citizens in Shreveport. Any ideas?
MattyMattyChooChoo is offline   Reply With Quote