View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #28
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 295 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Why would police using this device to issue tickets bother you?

Also, if it "pays for itself in no time" then how is it expensive?
It bothers me because of the high efficiency of computers while nearly 100% of drivers break the law on a regular basis (on purpose or not). As the old expression goes, "Rules are meant to be broken". So this all amounts to is nothing but another tax, unless maybe it actually locates significant numbers of stolen cars as designed. (or was that really the design)

As for the expense of the thing, good point. I will respond with two points. If it pays for itself in no time, then I the taxpayer am the investor, but with no vote on the matter. Second would be the faulty design precept. (intend to find stolen cars but really intended to generate revenue thru ticketing of much smaller offenses)
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote