View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 01:41 AM   #49
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
REALLY? "Bush and Cheney are linin there pockets with blood money"?! Come-on.....Yes, Dick Cheney was the CEO of Halliburton. Thats the kind of person we need as Vice President. The fact that he ran the largest oil company in the world, well and without scandals, just shows his credentials for leadership and decision making. The fact that Halliburton is making alot of money off the blood of others is BECAUSE they are the most experienced and well-equipped for that kind of work. Tell me WHO else could handle it? That Cheney profits from his benefits package is not a problem for me, and I CERTAINLY do not think it had anything to do with this war.
So big business, particularly big oil, is the most experienced and well-equipped entity at makin money off the blood of our troops? What a disturbin philosophy ya have there, Vix! I've got a better idea...how about we leave that unpleasant task to a responsible elected leadership who's actions and decisions are predicated on the U.S. Constitution, who'd as soon put their own children in harms way as ours? Ya say the greatest qualification for leadership here in the U.S. of A. is being wealthy and used to gettin your way? I could'nt possibly disagree more with that assertion, as that is exactly what's wrong with our government...its composed largely of priviledged cretins who have absolutely nothin in common with everyday Americans and who just happened to be born into wealth and believe that entitles em to govern! I believe the word for that is feudalism, AKA "The Golden Rule" (He who has the gold makes the rules). Ya better believe the American Presidency is up for sale to the highest bidder...how the hell else could a guy like "W" ever end up in the Oval Office? Last I checked, the Dynamic Duo aint exactly scandal proof, no sir...Junior and Big Dick are most definity not beyond reproach! Vix, maybe you'd like to donate some of your hard earned cash to em so they can buy themselves some Teflon suits? Hell, they've already helped themselves to the contents of our wallets. Good thing you're ok with that!

Check out the followin link: http://www.antiwar.com/cole/?articleid=3524

But you're quite correct about the aim of radical Islam...they want to either convert us or kill us. Nobody is safe from em, not even their less enthusiastic brethren. Where-ever radical Islam is found there is butchery and conflict...its a cancer that must be eradicated if there's ever to be any peace, if any of us are to be safe and secure. But the way we're goin about it aint cuttin the mustard. History has shown time and again that military occupations rarely work and almost always end badly. How much of our money has Bush/Cheney spent occupyin Iraq so far? How many zeros is that? Think throwin more of our money at it is gonna solve their problem? How many dead and maimed young Americans are we up to now? Think the answer is to send more troops? Think it over.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 10-04-2007 at 03:49 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote