View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #22
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
Sorry Pie, but it's well documented in the medical literature that smoking kills people. Second hand or passive smoke has also been proven to kill people. So to me, smoking in a car with the windows up and children in the car is at worst attempted murder, and at best child abuse. Now you may not have done this, but I have personally seen it many times.
Sorry Pie, but I've been thinking over this debate after reading it and I agree with Morpheus. Exposing your children to cigarette smoke is right up there with exposing your child to alcohol. It is unhealthy and I would consider it abuse.

If you are contributing to the degradation of a child's health or well being (physical AND emotional), you are abusing that child. Smoking near a child does exactly that. It may not be as extreme as physically beating the child, but it is abuse, nonetheless.

Now, as I said before, I doubt we needs laws to govern this, but people should be this courteous (particularly to their own kids) without being told by the laws. If you want to toxify your body, that's your call and it is your right. However, it goes beyond your rights when you drag others into it against their will.