View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 07:39 AM   #7
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I would call that big time in a big way Has Calvary turned out any pro players ? I guess being new and a smaller school it will take some years to get up to the level of Evangel
In three years they have already won a state championship in baseball. They have made it to the playoffs twice in football. I would say Calvary is off to a great start.

BUT sports is not the focus at Calvary. I have had one child graduate from Evangel, one graduating this year from Calvary, and at one point all three of mine attended Evangel. There is a tremendous difference between the two schools when it comes to academics and the quality of academic focus. Another difference I have noticed between the two schools is the quality of students. I realize that statement will not make me popular but there is a difference when you have all of your students paying tuition, they must all pass an entrance exam in order to be able to attend Calvary, and can not have ever been a discipline problem at another school prior to attending Calvary. It is surprising how many are turned away just by the entrance exam results alone. More surprising are the schools they are coming from and can not pass to get in.

We have now completed four years at Calvary and have been very impressed with the quality of education our son received, he learned in a truely Godly environment, and never once was school cancelled because of a football game!