Thread: Spankings Work
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 10:23 PM   #5
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
Odd view for a granny. Honestly, I'm not sure if spankings work or not. It seems like all spanking did was teach her to hit. Maybe that comes naturally; it's my first child, but I do think that the more we spank, the more aggressive my child is with us. She laughs when we spank her anyway. I don't want to beat her. Time out doesn't seem to work either. Ditto for "standing in the corner". The only thing that really seems to work is redirecting her into another activity. My wife and I often wonder if we're doing the right thing.
I have to say I wasn't much of a spanker and only did so as a last resort, but you do have to make it painful (unfortunately) so as for it to be effective.
If she's laughing it's because she can't feel it.
Have you tried removing a special object (toy/blanket) she enjoys and not giving it back to her til you see improvement of the bad behavior? I'm all for trying other venues first.

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote