View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 08:31 PM   #21
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
I will sum things up by blaming "government" and not one single individual. That rings "scapegoat", "fall guy", "bagholder" to me... Such massive failures could not possibly be any one man's (or woman's) fault. It was a total breakdown of the institution who takes our tax money or else puts us in jail.

Really it is yours, mine, and the other guys fault - every single citizen who votes for larger and larger government to save the day instead of voting for smaller government and greater personal responsibility. Blanco was voted in. Elected by the greatest system on earth (albeit flawed). Why not blame all the voters? Are they not ultimately responsible?
If ya blame the government or the voters, ya make it possible for the individuals in government/power who commit such crimes to go undetected, unprosecuted, unsentenced, and unpunished, which sends the message to their fellow government employees (civil servants) that they can violate our rights and freedoms with impunity. Which is why we must hold them accountable. Governments are composed of individuals who are accountable for the decisions and choices they make that affect us all. This is why that "I was just followin orders" horseschit didnt cut it at Nuremburg, and it aint gonna cut it here!

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 10-31-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote