View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 04:40 PM   #78
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Yes, it does. Please cite one case where it did not.
Well I hate that you actually requesting that I look that crap up, but here goes.

I didn't find an actual "case" to support my stance, but I also couldn't find one to support yours. I every single case I found where charges were dropped or never filed were when the perp in fact had a weapon or had attacked someone.

However, I DID find some interesting information on the "shoot first" bill which is what you are REALLY referring to (don't worry, I didn't know it either). The "right" to shoot someone in your home regardless of the perceived intention of the intruder.

http://www.licensetomurder.com/main.php

This website, last updated 4/30/07 shows that many states, including Louisiana and Texas, in fact DO NOT have shoot first laws. I'm sure if you're really interested, they'll have the specific data you are looking for.

Quote:
Somebody breaks into my home. I don't have to guess or wonder if he has a knife or a gun, or whatever.
In Louisiana, yes you do.