View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #19
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
I could get any of the two I wanted, but I wanted all three. If you're used to a well-thought-out interface like Tivo then the off-brand DVRs will drive you insane.
I have never had a Tivo, therefore I do not know what I am missing, however the HD Directv DVR is much better than the Dish Network model I had before. First off, the hard drive was way more quiet. Second, it is larger. Third, it works for one year without crashing... As for features, I like what I have. I can search for upcoming viewings of a movie in case I miss something. It has never crashed in 1 year. But no it does not use fuzzy logic or psychic powers to determine what to record and what not to. I don't want that anyway. I want to pick and choose. Exactly what feature are you missing there Joe? New models and software come out all the time. Does TIVO have any software patents or something special? LOL, I figured TIVO is "open source" because of it's roots in Linux....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote