View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 03:05 AM   #14
Mudbug

Rep Power: 0 Mudbug is on a distinguished road Mudbug is on a distinguished road
Reader's Digest Version

here's my take, one by one, by what I saw there (regardless of party affiliation, to be fair - just on what's written). Just keep in mind this is my take on KSLA's rundown - not necessarily correct.

Let's go on the assumption they all want better schools, police & fire departments. that's kinda a given...

Arlena Acree: Republican - doesn't have a concise plan for development, but thinks having shreveport make money is a good idea. Seems like she's got more ideas for increasing new business than helping existing business.

Vernon Adams:
Republican - wants to run the city like a business. Clock in, clock out, make money, go home, spend money, rinse, repeat. And raise the rent for your renters in the process.

Madjun Ali
- we know nothing - why is this person wasting his money and our time?

Ed Bradley - Democrat - seems well aware of the problems and shortcoming in Shreveport, but offers no suggestions on how he might change those things.

Cedric Glover - Democrat - is proud of his prior financial boons to the city (and should be, for that matter...) but offers no suggestions on how to carry on new development in the city.

Tim Goeders - Republican - past that, nothing - why is this person wasting their money and our time? (for the record, I saw this guy on KTBS sports during the Saints pregame show, and just so you know, he looks like Joe Haynes - that's all I got... sorry folks...)

Henry Hodge-Bey - we know nothing - why is this person wasting his money and our time?

Jerry Jones - Republican - reads like he has a "campaign strategist" writing all his stuff instead of what he really thinks. Unless he talks about himself in the 3rd person... which would really creep me out. Too "political" of answers that don't tell you anything you didn't already know from the picture.

Max Malone - Republican - we know nothing - why is this person wasting his money and our time?

Wilson McMullan - we know nothing - why is this person wasting his money and our time?

Liz Swaine - Democrat - sees problems all over the city - and offers pseudo-suggestions on how to change things.

does that help?

Last edited by Mudbug; 09-04-2006 at 03:11 AM.
Mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote