View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 07:17 AM   #2
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Yes it's true, and also dependent on the format of your site as well.

For instance, google doesn't do php very well so a vast majority of the information on my website is simply overlooked by one of the most popular browsers out there.

You could try submitting a sitemap to Google, which won't necessarily speed up the process of getting your site listed and ranked, but it will certainly go a long in making sure google indexes the majority of your content.

https://www.google.com/webmasters/to.../en/about.html

Example:

For instance, I have a family tree script I host online for my family in a directory on my server named tufat (brainsmashr.com/tufat) written 100% in php.....if you do a Google search for tufat, you won't find it. Even if you do a search for BrainSmashR and tufat, you still won't find it.

However, I could submit that as a link to google via a sitemap and it WOULD index that link and start returning the link (NOT the content of the directory, just the link) when people do searches.

Last edited by BrainSmashR; 05-14-2007 at 07:28 AM.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote