Thread: Needing home
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 05:24 PM   #19
Marshall F. Graham

Rep Power: 0 Marshall F. Graham will become famous soon enough Marshall F. Graham will become famous soon enough
Ms. Jackson

You are correct... property values have gone up nearly 33% in the last five years...so finding a home for under $600 that is large enough to accommodate your family will be challenging. I found no mentioning of whether you were looking to purchase or rent...Renting has its perks such as: no PMI, Taxes, insurance.. etc... but of course.. The landlord is probably in it to make money, so since he's paying those... so are you. I would recommend looking in the following areas: Southern Hills, Anderson Island, and outskirt areas such as Haughton, Keithville etc... I also would not rule out the possibility of getting into a town house. If you are looking to rent.. Unfortunately, you may be limited to areas such as Old Highland. Even so, that landlord would have to have purchased the home at a good price + 5 years ago, and received an excellent mortgage rate to be able to turn a profit....If you are interested in purchasing a home in that range, I can definitely introduce you to an agent who would be willing to get you into a home with no expense to you.. just let me know!
Marshall F. Graham is offline   Reply With Quote