View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 07:57 PM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Personally, I've always resented the hell out of someone, anyone, telling me what I can or can't do. You all understand what I'm saying, right?
yes I do understand. I have always wondered about the irony of what I can and cannot buy or do legally. I think your resentment is valid if you analyze what makes something legal (alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, etc.) verses somethign illegal (pot, opiates, etc.). I think a major factor here is basic racism against cultures and societies who do not adapt to "our" historic moral values. (That and dollars.. Follow the money) Could it be that my wife and I do things in the privacy of our bedroom that are actually illegal? Is that possible? How can that be in a "free society"? Who's business is that?

What I find ironic is that liberals (stereotyped as pot smoking and sexually experimental) are largely associated with the democratic party (for more government) while conservatives (alchohol drinkers and prudes) are largely thought of as republicans (for less government)?? At least in theory...LOL Seems to me like it would be the other way around. Perhaps this is why I like William Buckley. Actually both parties seem to be bent on larger government with no signs of shrinkage (ala Reagan)
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote