View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 12:40 PM   #34
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Church dogma is like a basket over a candle. You pay for your "annulment" depending on how much you make. To say you were never married is laughable at very best You took the vow and got the license and then "consummated" it and you want to go back and say it never happened ? The Catholic Church is a state run church from Rome. It is the rituals that are traditions of man and skew the truth. Reading in monotone sort of chant and swinging smoke around and then holy water ?? Christ is not good enough to hear my prayers and confessions ???? Matty you sound as hard wired into the system as you can get.

Historical note about the defeat of the Spanish Armada

Click image for larger version

Name:	Loutherbourg-Spanish_Armada.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	1436

The Spanish Armada was a fleet assembled and dispatched by King Phillip II of Spain in attempt to invade England in 1588. His attempt was unsuccessful. Queen Elizabeth I of England held the defeat of the armada as one of her greatest achievements, assisting the decline of the Spanish Empire. The armada had a mission of both political and religious aims. King Phillip, the leader of the Roman Catholic Spain, was not able to stop a revolt in of his Protestant subjects in the Netherlands, a revolt which began in 1566, aided by Protestant England. By 1586, Phillip had decided that he could not defeat the Dutch until he had defeated England first. Long time religious rivalry between Spain and England was hoped to be resolved by King Phillip in the dethroning of Queen Elizabeth, reconverting England to Catholicism. The plan for conquering had begun. This plan consisted of the coordination of a fleet to sail from Spain and an army from the Netherlands to create a simultaneous invasion of England. His force of 130 ships and more than 30,000 men was to be led by Alonso Peréz Guzmán, duke of Medina- Sidonia. England was aware of the Spanish plans, attacking it at Cádiz, Spain in 1587, succeeding in delaying it for a year. By July of 1588, the armada was spotted off the coast of England on July 29. Lord Charles Howard intercepted it with a larger English fleet near Plymouth, and for the next week made small attacks on the Spanish in battles off of Plymouth, Portland Bill, and the Isle of Wight. Unable to break the Spanish Armada, they waited for their chance at a big blow. The opportunity finally arrived when the armada anchored near Calais, France, hoping to join troops scheduled to sail from the Netherlands. Ingeniously, Howard ordered ships set on fire to be sent against the armada, producing a panic that broke the Spanish formation. In the ensuing battle of Gravelines, on August 8, the Spanish were defeated by England and the armada sailed home with remaining ships that were heavily damaged to Spain; 67 of the original 130 ships reached Spain, most in poor condition.

The War however between England and Spain lasted until 1604, despite the defeat of the Spanish Armada. Yet the defeat brought about English nationalism, securing Protestantism as England’s state religion. In contrast, for Spain it was a humiliating defeat, nearly destroying the national treasury of Spain.

My point is "L" who is our Father will never let the traditions of man and the mind game that comes with it to prevail at the end of the day !! This goes for Evangelicals too. They just have a different dog and pony show. Christianity is just that ! Christianity and no one has a corner on the market except for Christ Himself ! I take Communion when I am by myself and use olive oil as in James chapter 5 ! I think it is the most personal and private thing I do. I have no problem at all doing it in a large group but it is still very personal and is showing obedience to God not to any man.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote