View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 01:21 PM   #21
MattyMattyChooChoo

Rep Power: 0 MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice
Alright. Sorry it took so long to reply after that first post.

I am against teaching A) Marco-evolution B) teaching theories as something undoubtedly true.

Macro-evolution is not proven at all. There is absolutely zero evidence for one species evolving into another. It doesn't happen now, we have no proof it happened in the past, so why the belief that it has/willdid happen? If it did happen in the past, what caused it to cease?

We have plenty of proof that Micro-evolution exists and still happens today. I am not at all disputing that.

First, gravity is a law, not a theory. I am a religious person (Roman Catholic), but let's leave that out of this. Logic requires that there must be an unmoved mover (God, higher power, creator, whatever) in the beginnings of the universe. The absence of one leaves a few options.

One could say that the universe just happened. How did it just happen? What caused the action of suddenly becoming? If it has always been, you fall into the problem of infinite regression.

I do not confirm nor deny that there was a "big bang", but the big bang had to start from something. If there was a "bang", was it a chemical "bang"? An explosion? From where originated the elements which exploded? Something must have created those elements.

In conclusion, my problem with public education is the very great and very real tendency to indoctrinate based on opinions and theories (things unproven) rather than educate and encourage critical thinking through discussion .
MattyMattyChooChoo is offline   Reply With Quote