View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 06:44 AM   #65
Princess Leia

Rep Power: 0 Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit View Post
If you side with ascension without even learning about reincarnation, then you kinda prove my point. I'm not going to accuse anyone of being a spoonfed Christian, though, but they are out there. You'd be amazed how many people brought up in Christian homes never even considered learning about another religion, be it Paganism, Buddhism, Muslim or any other world religion. I've known my fair share of Christians here in the South that not only have no interest in world religion, but consider having such topics in their presence highly offensive. I, myself, have almost been removed from households just for admitting that I'm a Pagan.

I am not generalizing by any means, mind you. We've all seen how intolerant Muslims can be as well and such lack of understanding, I think, is where the problem lies.

If you have spent the hours you say you have on reading the understanding your path and it has led you to deeper belief, then you are where you should be, nuf said. Still, it doesn't hurt to take an interest in other religious practices. No one is asking you to convert, mind you, but having some knowledge brings about an aura of interest, empathy, and understanding that really helps fill the gap between people of different cultures.

Please note that I said I don't know MUCH. Not that I don't know ANYTHING. In fact, I have researched several different religions - just to understand what people believe. You are correct in saying that there are some spoonfed Christians out there, but there are also Spoonfed Pagans, Muslims, etc. It is what you make it.

Please also know and understand that I am not here to down anyone and their beliefs. One GREAT thing about AMERICA is that we are FREE to choose how we worship or what we believe. I can honestly say that I have learned a little more on reincarnation from this post, I still fail to see the simalarity to ascension. I guess more research is needed

Last edited by Princess Leia; 12-01-2007 at 06:57 AM. Reason: adding another statement
Princess Leia is offline   Reply With Quote