View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 06:41 PM   #71
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 262 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
That speaks volumes by its' self. What a SHALLOW interpretation of reality! And easy- So, basically, you believe that when you die you will come back as a butterfly or a tree? Is what you come back as totaly random, or does it concern your "kharma"? Again, good luck with that.....
I'm not sure what you mean by saying the Rede is "shallow," but it's certainly a tall order. It includes everything that the ten commandments include and much more. It implies that the only evil we have to worry about is the suffering that we do to each other. It places the responsibility for our wrong decisions on our own shoulders and our free will and not in the hands of some evil entity or devil (whom Pagans don't even acknowledge).

As for what our vessels are, that depends entirely on your tradition. Some traditions honor animals to such a degree that they'd consider it an honor to reincarnate as an animal (i.e. wolves, lions, tiger, etc.). On the other hand, some trads believe human souls only reincarnate as other humans. Some trads even believe that the individual soul chooses its vessel before rebirth.

I, for one, could care less what I came back as. When it happens, I won't know the difference.