View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #73
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 262 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
I got your other cheek Anime. I will not walk in your house and attack your religion and if I did I would turn the other cheek. If you walk in my house and attack my faith I would knock you on your ass. I know you would not do that but that is my point. Christians are not door mats and I do not have to be a nice guy all the time. When it comes to what I believe as you have seen I will hold the line with no apologies.
If you came into my house and attacked my religion, you wouldn't be in the position to turn the other cheek or not as you'd be the one attacking me. If I came into your house and attacked your religion, I'd be stupid not to expect a good @$$ kicking on the way because I'd be very rude and disrespectful. In either case, whether it's you or me turning the other cheek, it is in no way an attack on Christianity.

I'm not a doormat either, Isaac, and I certainly don't expect you to be. My patience and tolerance of direct, intentional rudeness and dishonor (regardless of the basis of such conduct) are quite limited. When that line is crossed I'd gladly welcome the bad karma that comes with giving some jerk the @$$kicking of his life for insulting or dishonoring me. It's a matter of respect and propriety, not religion.

I have far more patience for people who accidentally insult me out of ignorance or curiosity. I let those slide all the time without a second thought.

Now that we're past that, let's talking about religious intolerance for a moment. No one here is insulting anyone's religion. I have no more against Christianity than I do against any other world religion. I have total faith in my own practice, but I am not rude or disrespectful enough to put down anyone else's beliefs. "To each, his own." Anyone who tries to deny religious freedom to someone else for ANY reason, in my book, is on the list with Adolf Hitler and Osama Bin Laden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Yes other countries and peoples are jealous of the USA and UK I hope you can see that
Yes, I can agree that there are countries that are jealous of the American way of life, but not because of religion. I do not consider myself more precious to the divine simply because of where I live.

Last edited by AnimeSpirit; 12-01-2007 at 07:51 PM.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote