View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 07:15 PM   #14
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
You're quite correct on that score...very perceptive. While you're there, they do indeed own your ass. But its necessary...goes with the territory. Most people dont realize that until the cattlecar pulls up to the curb at Basic Trainin and those doors open. Ya sound like a smart young man, and you're to be commended for pressin on with your education.
Indeed. And I highly doubt that I'll be serving in the American military in the future, but that's no reason I wouldn't support those with the balls to do so.

It's kindof funny, because my main example for previous statements is this senior at school who, funnily enough, thought he could scam out the government and sign up for free schooling (in a time that even injured soldiers are being FORCED to re-enter the warzone) and get away from a draft, etc. He made a plea in front of a school organization to all those who thought they had futures in the military not to try and cheat it out, I laughed, but it's true. He's been in ROTC since freshman year, and that was before it was as highly focused in Iraq. Now, he's reconsidering how much he thinks he's wasted by offering that much of himself to something he no longer supports. It's sad and somewhat proof that people who sign up may not have the same feelings (like you said) when it's time to own up to agreements.