View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 09:02 PM   #26
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
Good point. So why was Nagin given a pass and re-elected? Did Blanco break the law but Nagin did not? In any event, I would say we could fill our jails with crimes comitted that fateful day when the city went under water.

Unless given some facts that point to Blanco, I do not think she made the decision to disarm citizens. Lots of rogue public servants were doing all sorts of crazy stuff that day such as looting, preventing escape, disarming people, etc. I bet she saw it all on the news like you and I. Bush is pro-gun. Why do you not hold our President responsible for disarming Americans? After all, they were Amercian citizens as well as Louisiana citizens.

I do agree someone (the person who make the call) should be held responsible and put on the spot to explain his actions and suffer the consequences for violating our federal constitution in a major way!
I think you answered your own question as to why Chocolate Nagin got re-elected...the liberal "big government will save us" mentality of the black majority, and if the rest of Louisiana had been allowed to vote in that election, he'd be out on his ass along with Blabbin-O Blank-O, who is herself a staunch proponent of big government, but statewide the voters gave her the boot. I dont believe Bush had anythin to do with it, but if an investigation were to turn up evidence that he did, then he should be tried as well.