View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 09:58 PM   #27
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I don't know how to respond. I am genuinely stunned to learn that somebody who thinks the lottery is a good investment is also able to own and operate a computer.

So, just to get this straight, you honestly think spending money on a 1/150M chance to win ~$20M is a smart thing to do?
Who said it was a "good investment"? Not I. You originally made the comment that people who play the lottery are lacking in financial savvy, or words to that effect, yes? Now, for the last time (and you question MY ability to own and operate a computer? I'd say your ability to comprehend written english is what's seriously in question here), the answer is YES, I honestly think that spending money on a 1/150M chance to win ~$20M is a smart thing to do, and apparently, Im not alone. Me and 200 million other folks are wrong, but YOU're right? What are the odds of that? You're the math prodigy, you tell me!

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 03-26-2007 at 11:59 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote