View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 01:22 PM   #11
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by salguodgrubmab View Post
Yeah, when I overhear young blacks carping about their huge sacks of woes and heavy crosses they must bear I just have to smile. No, young fella, I think to myself, those who came before you did. You have no complaint. Slavery is nothing more than ignorance and poverty. Your particular race doesn't have a monopoly on being victims of inhumanity. All those trying to eke out a living as a sharecropper in the rural south were slaves. My ancestors were dragged into the swamps of south louisiana to clear them. Negro slaves were far too valuable to risk dying in the swamp so they turned to a workforce with no value. The German and Irish immigrants. If they died of heat stroke or bitten by a cottonmouth or just worked to death it didn't matter for they were of no consequence.
Interesting post. Everyone living today is blessed in that we don't have Scarlet Fever, Polio, Small Pox, etc. to worry about... Many died of "consumption" too. I won't even mention the virtues of modern dentistry..... It's good to be alive in 2007!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote