View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 02:05 PM   #43
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by decolady View Post
Good Sansones (S'port Barksdale Hwy), Pizza Inn (Kings and Youree), Shaky's Pizza (Shreve City), and the Alphies Fish and Chips (Pierremont).
yeah I loved Alphies... I thought it was better than Author Treachers Fish and Chips..

Quote:
Wasn't Weismans the place that always had the huge pot of soup where you served yourself? Seems to me I remember going there when I was in college.
Yep, and they also had a pot of steaming hot tamales. Each 1/2 dozen was wrapped in foil like the zwollie tamales of today.

Quote:
The Big Chain Cafeteria in Shreve City was another favourite place to go with my grandmother - for dessert. They always had Butter Roll, which she said was just like her grandmother used to make it. Didn't Shreve City also used to have a Woolworth's with a lunch counter? I remember eating fried shrimp there.
Yes all good. The Lo-mart on youree had great fried chicken. I also miss the ham poboys from Cobb's on Kings... (with pickles and cole slaw)

Quote:
Is Strawn's Eat Shop still across from Centenary with their fresh strawberry and peach pies in season?
Yes, there is also Strawn's Too and another in Bossier. I had a burger and strawberry pie just yesterday! hmmmmm...
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote