View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 09:24 AM   #7
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
and who is Robert (Bob) Gates? I know he ran the CIA for a while but his is smart enough to out perform Rumsfeld? What will he do differently?
Well didn't Bush senior run the CIA at some point ? I'd say that post has to be worth something.. The thing about Rumsfeld... after 9/11 when we went into Afganistan, I remember watching his press conferences and the like, I really liked Rumsfeld. He was just unfortunate enough to get stuck with this Iraq war hanging around his neck for all these years.. and as a result of the elections the other night and in the 'name of change' he got the axe.. or resigned however you want to view it.

I will wish this new guy all the luck, and hope he finds a good enough solution to get our troops out of Iraq in a timely manner, and I also hope with a good result. I do feel however, there are no good end games as far as Iraq is concerned. One reason why the first Bush NEVER went into Iraq.
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote