View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 11:19 AM   #40
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Where is Joepole ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMattyChooChoo
1, 2, and 3. The definition of states changed. They were states as the members of the European Union are states (ie France, Germany, Austria, etc). These states were held together loosely under the Articles of Confederation. Their major threat was England and the states had a better chance if they banded together. After the Revolutionary War, the states recognized a need for a stronger central authority. When the Articles of Confederation were replaced by the Constitution, the states ceased to exist as sovereign states like Germany or France, and became what we know today as "states" in the United States. Geographical regions whose populations are ruled by a local governing body, whose authority is granted by a Constitution shared by all states of that nation.

It seems I was too vague in my previous explanation. Does this help?

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/collecti...l/intro01.html

{...and I'm a guy}
Your a guy and a smart man to boot. Thank you for your post and I found them very well written and I am surprised that Mr. Pole is not responding he is always right or is it left ?
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote